Make Your Life Easier; Let your Website Work For You (part 4)
The past three weeks, we have discussed how to make your website work for you. Your website should be an effective tool for your organization, not a time waster that exists just because people think you should have a website.
Today, we will discuss the second specific way that your website can save you time and money:
Online Electronic Newsletter (aka: eNewsletter)
Similar to the event registration, if you are still mailing out a paper newsletter the process is something like this:
- The newsletter is created on a computer.
- The newsletter is printed.
- A copy is made for everyone who will receive the newsletter.
- Address labels are printed and attached to each copy.
- The newsletter is mailed out to everyone on your mailing list.
This process is very inefficient and costly because of labor, printing, and postage costs. In fact, a church mailing out 200 newsletters per month will spend in excess of $1000 per year! We realize that there are some people that still want to have physical copy mailed to them, however, that number is very low and shrinking more every day. You can still mail a few paper newsletters if you think it is necessary, however, most people prefer not to have the clutter of receiving another paper item in their mailbox.
So why should you consider using an eNewsletter?
5 Benefits to Using an eNewsletter.
- Create and send the eNewsletter directly from your website.
- With many eNewsletters, a saved copy of the newsletter is archived on your site for those who may have lost or misplaced it.
- You can integrate a subscribe form on your website for new people to request to receive the eNewsletter.
- When people leave the church, they can easily unsubscribe from the eNewsletter. This eliminates the need to have a staff member to this.
- Save thousands of dollars in postage and printing costs!
What does your organization do for a newsletter? Are you still mailing out physical newsletters? If so, is it time to save time and money for your organization by sending an electronic newsletter? Please post your thoughts below.
If you are ready to take the next step in becoming more efficient & cost effective and want to talk to one of our website experts about how we can help, please contact us here.