As we enter the final week of Love Your Website month, lets look at 4 simple, yet very beneficial things you can do to show some love to your website….
1) Read over every page of your website and look for text that may be out-dated. Look for things like
- Ministries or services that no longer exist
- Ministries or services that are referred to as “new” that launched more than a year ago
- References to staff or volunteers that are no longer a part of your organization
- Pictures of staff or volunteers who are no longer a part of your organization
2) Add social media sharing buttons to your web pages. Not only is this a great way for you to show some love to your website but it enables others to show it some love to with likes and shares.
3) Add a Donate button to your website. If you’re a nonprofit, one of the best things you can do is make it easy for your supporters to give. PayPal makes it super-easy to add a Donate button to your website. Just create an account, then copy and paste the Donate button code into your website. (If you use our NE1 Web Builder use the “Paste HTML” feature of the editor)
4) Add an email/newsletter subscription. One of the best ways you can show love to your website, is to keep it from getting lonely by increasing the number of regular visitors it gets. One of the best ways to do this is to give visitors and supporters the opportunity to subscribe to receive email updates. (If you use our NE1 Web Builder the newsletter subscribe feature can be easily added to any page of your website, or to the sidebar which is displayed on every page of your site, if your template has one)
Which of these things are you going to do to show some love to your website?
Got any other suggestions of simple things you can do to improve your website and the experience your visitors have on your website?