It Never Rains, But It Pours! Did Your Website Get All Wet?
For the past few months Google has gone easy on us poor website owners. Well, like a child who’s sat still for too long, Google has gone a little crazy this month with updates, announcements, and more.
- Do you blog? This update affects you.
- Do you have mobile content? The update affects you?
- Do you have recipes, reviews, or videos? This update affects you.
- Are you a local organization? This update affects you.
- Do you have an affiliate site? This update affects you.
- Do you use the search engines? You guessed it. This update affects you.
So, watch this video and find out all the crazy changes that went on this month.
”Hi, I’m Kurt Steinbrueck with OurChurch.com, and this is your monthly SEO update, keeping you informed. There’s a lot that’s gone on this month…” For the full transcript, click here.
- Google has an announcement about guest blogging.
- Google makes updates that affect affiliate sites with thin content.
- Google makes an update against spammy rich snippets.
- Google improves their smartphone bot.
- Google’s Onebox get’s smarter.
- Google launches new more info box.
- Google starts embedding videos directly into the search results.
- Yahoo updates their local results.
- Yahoo teams up with Yelp.
- YP (YellowPages) start pushing for a bigger market share in local traffic.
- Bing launches new Saved Search feature.
(Phew! I’m tired just from typing the summary!)
Share Your Thoughts:
- Do you guest blog? If so, will this affect your strategy?
- Do you think Google’s “More Info” box is helpful?
- Do you use YP?