14 Church Social Media Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Continuing on this month’s love theme…
Last Tuesday we had another rockin’ #ChSocM church social media chat. One of the topics up for discussion…
Clever ideas for using #chsocm for Valentine’s Day?
Here are 14 of the ideas shared by chat participants…
1) Maybe a “love your neighbor” campaign type thing….?? @PastorJenna
2) we are posting daily “love” scripture texts on FB. Pleasantly surprised how many people click on them to read them. @revjenn
3) Connect with people who feel a little more lonely on #ValentinesDay, and invite them in to community. @crazypastor
4) Valentine’s Day is another big Chocolate day. Another chance to educate about fair trade and justice. @FatPastor
5) I will probably post about the real Valentine @PastorJoelle
6) Our school kids are making ecards that the senior citizens in the computer learning class will open @Conductor222
7) Valentine’s Day is also a great opp for churches to serve parents by caring for kids on a date night. @paulsteinbrueck
8) How making/sharing a meme of Jesus with the caption: Who love you, baby? @RevWeb
10) Hold a Blood Drive and hand out chocolates to blood donors! @MeredithGould
12) flip the script – tell the world that God’s LOVE is for creation, animals, people – not just romantic love @J_at_Seminary
13) I could envision an instagram/twitter campaign to post pictures answering question, “What is love?” @FatPastor
14) Our church is doing vow renewals on 2/15 – should publicize on soc.med. @vcwoodbury
Bonus: It’s also the perfect excuse to quote risque verses from Song of Solomon. :D @paulsteinbrueck
- What is your church doing on social media to tie into the Valentine’s Day holiday?
- Got any other ideas?
I invite you to join tonight (and every Tuesday) at 9 PM Eastern time for #ChSocM