Is your website an offender (part 2)?
In last week’s post, we addressed five things you can check yourself to improve your website. Today we are going to continue with four more areas you can check on your website to make sure that your website isn’t repulsing visitors and recommended solutions to correcting these problems.
- Submenus slide-out or drop-down over other main navigation menu items. When a visitor puts their cursor over some of the main navigation menu items, the submenus cover other main navigation items. .
- Shorten the wording of the submenu items.
- Adjust the placement settings of your website’s navigation menu. Most web builders give you this ability.
- Content on Homepage is too long (if it is more than “4” pages long). Having too much content (text and images) on the homepage can cause the visitor to become overwhelmed and leave the site.
- Separate the content by creating other pages and move some of the content to those pages.
- Delete any unneeded content.
- Use of animated gifs (flying birds, moving flags, rolling water, rotating crosses). The use of animated gifs (flying birds, moving flags, rolling water, rotating crosses, etc) is outdated and slows down the loading of your website.
- Solution: Remove these from your website
- Pictures on website are blurry. This can cause visitors to focus on the quality of the pictures instead of the rest of the content of the website.
- Remove the blurry pictures.
- Replace blurry pictures with pictures that are not blurry.
Is your website an offender of any of the items? What other common website offenses do you see when visiting other websites?
You can read more about OurChurch.Com’s custom web design services by clicking here. If you are interested in discussing how OurChurch.Com can help you achieve your mission online, please don’t hesitate to contact us.