Stephen Covey wrote in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People that all things are created twice – first mentally, then physically.
In this video, we provide 6 questions to help you create your website concept before you start building your website.
6 Questions to Help You Create Your Website
- What do I want to accomplish? What are the purpose and goals of my website?
- Who is my target audience? Who am I trying to serve? What do they have need of?
- What functionality does my website need? What does my website need to be able to do to reach the goals and serve my target audience?
- What content do I need? What information – text, images, audio and/or video will help my audience?
- What layout and colors? What type of layout will help my website accomplish its goals? What colors and style fit with my logo and resonate with my audience?
- How am I going to build my website? With a web development program, a content management system, an online web builder or by hiring a professional website developer?
By answering these questions before you start building your website, you can create a clear vision for your organization’s website before you start building it, which will help the website development process go much better.
What benefits do you see from creating a mental concept of a website before building it? Are there any other questions you would recommend answering before building a site?