13 Top Church Social Media Tips for 2013 #ChSocM
In this week’s Church Social Media chat #ChSocM, moderator Regina Heater (@reckshow) asked:
What’s the best #chsocm tip you learned in 2013?
Here are 13 of the top tips shared by chat participants.
- To steal from Nike — Just Do It. Social media needs creative experimentation. @ohxjulie
- Don’t just broadcast. Whatever you do. ENGAGE! @Stevefogg
- Make all posts pinnable (use an image in every post, even if it’s just the title of the post.) @reckshow
- Tag people in Facebook photos. The number of views goes waaay up. @LeistCatalano
- Try to find a balance between content and relationships @WillPlatnick
- Make sure your message and image is consistent across *all* platforms plus your website. @MeredithGould
- Just post worthwhile & meaningful stuff. People respond. @eric_clapp
- Be willing to try something that doesn’t work. Ditch it, then try something else. Be fearless and creative @MeredithGould
- Be relevant and understand your audience. @DiopaYouth
- Work with just a few platforms that make sense for ur church, don’t try to manage too many. @MicheleLKoch
- Don’t just wing it, develop a strategy & work the strategy. @PaulSteinbrueck
- More video. Using “sermon extras” where teaching pastors adds the 4th point & post mid-week to reinforce big idea @JoelNatalie
- Participate in these tweet chats! 🙂 @SaraVanderpan
Which of the tips above resonate with you most and why? What’s your top church social media tip for 2013?