Images rule the Internet.
- Two of the fastest-growing social networks are image sites – Pintrest and Instagram
- Photo posts on Facebook receive 39% more interaction than average.
- Blog posts that include images are more memorable and engaging.
So, where’s a person to get good images?
The best solution is to take them yourself. That way you know you’re sharing an original image that’s not copyrighted by someone else and there’s no cost to you (besides your time). But that’s not always possible or practical.
There are a number of inexpensive stockphoto sites, but if you want to include images in a blog that’s not generating any revenue, even a buck an image may be too high. So here are
5 Places to get Free Stock Images
- stockvault.net – Also includes premium images from Shutterstock
- freedigitalphotos.net – Small versions of the images are free. Larger versions can be obtained for a fee.
- flickr – Includes images with all types of licenses. Some are free to use, some require attribution, some have all rights reserved, so be sure to check the license of each individual photo before use.
- wikipedia commons – 18 million images and counting…
What do you use images for? Where do you get the images you use?