It’s been a busy month and it seems everyone wants to get in on the action. Google has launched Google Places Carousel. Bing started Bing Boards. Facebook released Graph Search into the wild, and much more.
These are some big changes. Google Places Carousel promises to change way people search locally and Facebook’s widened release of Graph Search will not only potentially change the way people search, but also may be exposing your private info right now.
Watch the video below for more info:
“Hi, I’m Kurt Steinbrueck with OurChurch.Com. I’m here with this month’s SEO update, where you can get an entire month’s worth of SEO news in just a couple of minutes. Alright. So, what’s been going on…” You can read the full transcript at “July SEO Update: Round and Round the Carousel“
- Google released Google Places Carousel.
- A study by Bright Local shows most people use reviews when searching locally.
- Bing released Bing Boards.
- Google had a minor update.
- Yahoo scuttled Altavista.
- Facebook released Graph Search to all US, English-based users.
Share Your Opinion:
- Have you seen the Google Places Carousel? What do you think of it?
- How important do you think reviews are for local organizations?
- Have you changed your Facebook privacy settings?