In the past month Google rolled out a new Local Places for Businesses dashboard. But the biggest news is not what’s been done, but what’s coming. There were some big announcements about the future of Google’s Panda and Penguin Updates, Facebook’s search engine (Graph Search), and Google’s treatment of local businesses.
I’ll discuss all this in this month’s SEO update video:
Hello! I’m Kurt Steinbrueck, Director of Marketing Services for Ourchurch.com. I’m here with this month’s SEO update for April… (Click here for a full transcript)
- Facebook says they aren’t planning to launch an external search engine. Then again, with 1 billion members, do they need to?
- Google is planning to integrate their Panda algorithm into their main ranking algorithm.
- Google is planning another major Penguin update. If you’re not sure what Google’s Penguin update is, you can find a quick explanation here.
- Google may start considering the quality of a business in their rankings (I. E. Customer satisfaction, quality services).
- Google updated their Local Places for Businesses dashboard. It has new categories, widgets for Google Adwords and Google Offers, better integration with Google+, better accommodation for service area businesses and more.
Share your thoughts:
- Are you concerned by Google’s announcement of a major Penguin update?
- Have you tried Google’s new local business dashboard? What do you think of it?