How to Determine Your Website Needs
Before you start developing your website or hire a web developer to do it for you, it’s important to determine what you want your website to do. In this video, I talk about how to determine your website needs.
You can read the full transcript at: How to Decide Your Website Needs
Here are 7 questions that can help you determine your website needs.
- What is the purpose of the website? What do you want it to accomplish for you?
- What would leaders within the organization like the website to do?
- What functionality will make it easy to maintain and manage? (Multiple administrators? Web-based editing?)
- What functionality will save your organization time and money? (E-newsletters? online event registration? online giving?)
- What is the budget?
- What are the needs vs wants? (Prioritize the importance of the functionality)
- Can we implement this in phases? (Perhaps your budget only allows for immediate needs to be met now and a year from now additional you can budget to add additional functionality)
How did you decide what functionality would be in your current site? Do you have any other suggestions that would help others determine their website priorities?