6 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Web Developer
One of the biggest and most frustrating mistakes an organization can make with their website is to hire the wrong web developer to build it. In this video, I explain 6 questions to ask a developer before hiring them to build a website.
Read the full transcript at: 6 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Web Developer
The 6 questions are:
1) Why are you in business? Understand what motivates them.
2) How many people are in your company? If just one, are you full-time are part-time doing this on side? This goes to their availability and the likelihood they’ll be around in the future.
3) What website platform are you using? Is it desktop or web-based? Proprietary or non-proprietary? Will I be able to manage it myself? Can I take it somewhere else if I’m not happy? The platform used by the developer will answer all these sub-questions.
4) Can you provide links to other sites you’ve developed? Evaluate their past experience and quality of work.
5) Once the site is up, how do we get support? Phone, e-mail or no support at all? The site building process is just the starting point. You want your website to grow with you.
6) Can I have some references, please? Beyond looking at a developer’s portfolio, call some of their clients and find out how they were to work with.
I hope that this has been insightful and helps you hire the right web developer for your organization. Of course, if you are looking for a web developer, we would love to speak with you and answer these questions and more.
What are your thoughts on these questions? Are there other questions you would ask web developers before choosing to hire one?