Google has made a major change in their Google+ Local terms of service that will affect how you get reviews for your local organization. Find about about this change and other changes in the search engines in the video below.
Here’s a brief outline of the video:
- Google is still dominating search (surprise!)
- Google did another Panda update. These happen regularly now and should be expected.
- Google updated their Google+ Local terms of service. They now expressly state owners and staff members should not post reviews for organizations and organizations should not have computer kiosks solely for the purpose of customers/members posting reviews.
- Bing updated their images search to make it quicker and more attractive.
- Bing updated the appearance of their Social Sidebar.
- Bing now includes information about famous people and places in their Snapshot column.
If you prefer, you can read the January 2013 SEO Update here.
How is your site ranking in Google and Bing?
We are in the internet age. So, you need to stay strong in the search engines and use the internet to achieve your mission online.