We are less than a week away from the beginning of Advent. I blogged a couple weeks ago about #OccupyAdvent – a movement to reclaim Advent from busyness and consumerism and reclaim it as a time of peaceful reflection and preparation for the coming of Jesus. (See What is Occupy Advent? for details)
One way you can help others reclaim Advent and spread the word about Occupy Advent is through the use of this new QR code. When scanned by a QR scanning mobile app, it takes you to the Occupy Advent Facebook page.
(If you’re unfamiliar with QR codes see What is a QR Code? (and 4 other things you should know about them) and QR Codes: 10 Ways Churches Can Use Them)
How can you use the OccupyAdvent QR code?
- Put it in your church’s weekly bulletin
- Put it in your church’s monthly newsletter
- Put it on a yard sign outside your church
- Put it in the window of your church or office
- Print out dozens of copies and post them to public bulletin boards around town