Inspirational Social Media Sunday: 5 Ways To Share On GodVine
Social media is changing the way we share stories. In the last hour, I have seen a 10 month old baby say “I love you,” watched a baby boy pronounced dead come to life in his mother’s arms, and watched a father surprised on his birthday by his daughter’s return from war. All of these videos have supportive comments under them from people who watched and were touched. The social media site sharing all of these inspirational stories is called GodVine. There are many ways to share life on this site.
1) Videos: Aside from the three videos I shared above there are many more with supportive comments below them. If you enjoyed the video enough want to share it, there is a Facebook like and share button. This is how my grandma shared the video I spoke of from a previous article.
2) Prayer Requests: There is also an area on the site to submit prayer requests for people to pray about. Under each request you can click “Pray for this Person” and the person can see how many people have prayed for them. There is also an area to leave comments for the person who wrote the prayer request. Here is an example:
3) Testimonies: Users of this social media site can also share their testimonies and read other people’s stories to get encouraged. There is a comment section here as well for people to communicate.
4) Online Bible: In addition to being encouraged through other peoples’ stories, the Word of God is accessible on this site to reference any time. You can search by verse, book, or topic to find the passage you are searching for.
5) Christian Answers: There is also a chat forum for Christians to ask and answer questions. This is a nice place to go ask other people what they think about many different things, such as fasting, drinking, marriage, etc. As well as impart any wisdom that you have. These are everyday people that can be referenced for their opinions. In the end, we make decisions based on our own convictions, but asking other people is always helpful.
1) What would you share on GodVine?