Welcome to February everyone! I’m a few days late with this post because we’ve had so much going on with Website Design Month. But I hope you and your website had a great January.
As I do at the beginning of every month, I’m taking a look a look at Google Analytics for Christian Web Trends, looking for trends and funky keywords, and encouraging you to do the same.
Top 10 Search Phrases
- doritos church commercial
- churches on facebook
- facebook destroying marriages
- facebook for churches
- jesus facebook
- church communications
- church communication
- e newsletter tips
- how to promote your band
- great e-newsletter designs
- With the Superbowl coming up, it seems people have been reminiscing about the Doritos Commercial Mosaic Church in LA produced last year. Not only was “Doritos church commercial” our top phrase, but our #14 and #15 phrases were also related to it.
- Only 4 of the top 10 phrases were repeats from December (facebook destroying marriages, facebook for churches, jesus facebook, e newsletter tips
- If we were to combine visits from “church communication” and “church communications,” it would be the #1 phrase.
- 5 of the top 10 phrases included church/churches. 4 included Facebook.
Top 10 Blog Posts
- Less Clutter, Less Noise: 2) Is it always better to have more choices?
- Less Clutter, Less Noise – The Group Blog Project
- LA Church Produces Doritos Super Bowl Commercial
- Less Clutter, Less Noise: 3) The Myth: Advertising Creates Interest
- 12 Ways to Promote Your Band and Its Website
- Less Clutter, Less Noise 1) The Myth: You Are In Control of Communication
- Less Clutter, Less Noise: 6) Know Your Audience
- Less Clutter, Less Noise: 4) Myth: It Worked Before so It Will Work Again
- 5 Simple, Beautiful, Remarkable Initiatives by OurChurch.Com
- Less Clutter, Less Noise: 5) Myth: People Care About What You Say
- Obviously, the Less Clutter, Less Noise posts are leading the way with 7 of the top 10 posts in January.
- As a result 8 of the top 10 posts were published last month. The Doritos commercial was posted a year ago. 12 Ways to Promote Your Band and It’s Website was written 4+ years ago and continues to make the top 10 every month.
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for. Let’s see what crazy phrases let people to Christian Web Trends last month…
- silly christian your calendar is pagan (Is this a Trix commercial?)
- what means to shedule a webinar (What means this Google you speak of?)
- i christen this the year of less blog (Um, oookaaay…)
- 2011 super boawl chruch commercial (And the award for best spelling goes to…)
Top Commenter of the Month
Something new we’re going to start doing is recognizing the top commenter each month. In January, our top commenter was…
Wayne Anson – 22 comments
Wayne, you’ve won yourself a copy of Less Clutter, Less Noise to keep for yourself or give to a friend! Congrats!
We’ll give away another copy of next month to February’s top commenter.
What have you learned from checking your website analytics? What was your post popular post in January? Got any bizarre keywords to share?