Our Biggest Steps Online in 2010. And Yours?
The world of online communications continues to grow and change rapidly. So, as we continue to look back on 2010, here are 7 of the biggest steps forward we made in our online communications at OurChurch.Com:
- Began measuring everything – There’s an old saying, “I know half my advertising dollars are wasted. I just don’t know which half.” This year we placed a huge priority on getting analytics data on everything so we can determine the results of every marketing and communications initiative we take. We’re not quite there, but we’re close.
- Got serious about social media – A year ago we were still pretty much in the experimental stage with Facebook and Twitter. Now we’re very serious and strategic about our social media use. As a result our Twitter followers and Facebook fans have increased 8 fold this year.
- Stepped into video – Video production is not our specialty, but we recognize that online video is continuing to grow in importance, so we created a video for our custom web design services, we started asking our clients for video testimonials, we experimented with a series of “quick tips videos” and we put all of those videos into our YouTube channel. We still have a long way to go when it comes to video, but we’ve made significant progress.
- Redesigned Christian Web Trends – We introduced a new design here at Christian Web Trends, one that’s simpler and highlights images and social media more.
- Simplified login & dashboard – For our clients, we introduced what we call our “universal login.” Each client has one username/password for all their NE1 websites, forums, etc. Along that we also launched MyOCC, a dashboard with links to all websites, search listings, invoices a person has.
- New Servers – Just a couple months ago we moved to all new servers, which has made our services faster and even more reliable than ever.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project – This group project was the most ambitious and most successful thing we’ve ever done on Christian Web Trends. It helped a lot of bloggers and helped us build relationships with a lot of bloggers which has been a tremendous blessing.
How about you? What was the biggest step(s) you took to improve your online communications this year?