As Thanksgiving approaches, we’re continuing to blog on the theme of gratitude.
As G.B. Stern once said, “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.”
Fortunately, the Internet provides more ways to thank people than ever before. Here are 10 creative ways to express your gratitude online.
1) Send or post a video thank you note. If you have a phone with video, Flip video recorder, or a web cam on your computer, you can record a thank you video message and upload it to YouTube or Facebook in a matter of minutes.
2) Purchase flowers for someone online through FTD.com or 1800flowers.com
3) Write a LinkedIn recommendation for someone.
4) Send a person a private thank you note via email, FB message, DM.
5) Write a blog post about the impact someone has made in your life.
6) Buy a person you appreciate a book (or ebook) through Amazon
7) Thank someone publicly on their FB wall or by public tweet
8 ) Do a #FollowFriday tweet exclusively for that person. Instead of including a long list of people you recommend, recommend just one and explain why.
9) Give someone special an iTunes gift card
10) Post a thank you note to someone special on Thanks a Million. This special site created by the OurChurch.Com team is not only is this a great way to express your gratitude to someone, but in the process you’re also supporting Angel Food Ministries efforts to provide food people in need during the holidays.
Have you shown your gratitude to someone in any of these ways? What other creative suggestions do you have for expressing gratitude online?