One of the most important thing you can do for your website or blog is to set up some sort of stats or analytics and review them on a regular basis, at least once a month. I thought a fun way to encourage my fellow web admins and bloggers to do that would be to ask this question…
What are the most bizarre search keywords that people used to find your site last month?
I checked the analytics for Christian Web Trends and here are the top 5 most bizarre search phrases people used to find us:
- describe the mode of communication within orangutans (I guess we monkey around a lot here)
- i cry for syllvester stalone i hope you can hear me (I can hear you, not sure I want to though)
- big money for small work (let me know when you find it)
- 2009-10-03t12 46 00 0000 (one of our most popular topics)
- lesbians in stocking videos (not sure why, but we get a number of porn related searches every month)
How ’bout you? What were the funniest, craziest, or strangest search phrases that turned up in your analytics/stats last month?
What else did you learn by reviewing your analytics?