If you’re looking for a way to do online registration or an online sign-up form, Google provides a simple and powerful option through Google Docs.
One of the document types that can be created in Google Docs is a form. In a Google Docs form you can add all the typical field types including text boxes for things like contact info, multiple choice options, and paragraph boxes for comments and additional information.
Some of the great benefits of using Google Docs forms include:
- When a person completes the form, their info is automatically stored in a Google Docs online spreadsheet.
- When a person completes the form, it automatically logs the date and time.
- Access to the spreadsheet can be shared with other people on staff if you choose.
- You can opt to receive email notification when someone completes the form.
- Unlimited number of fields.
Yesterday, we announced a new Bug of the Month Contest. We’re using a Google Docs form for the bug reporting.
While Google Docs forms don’t provide all the capabilities of a full-blown event registration system like we provide in our custom designed CMS-based sites, it beats the paper sign-up forms often seen in church lobbies and provides an easy way to do online surveys as well.
Have you ever used a Google Docs form? If so, what did you think of it?
What could you use Google Docs forms for in your church, ministry, or business?