Has your church’s website had its current design for a while? You think it’s getting a little stale or outdated but not sure if really needs a redesign?
Thanks to input from our Twitter followers here are the…
Top 10 Signs Your Church Website Needs a Redesign
10) You’ve still got a headline on your homepage about DC Talk performing… in 2006. @WstephenAnfield
9) You still have a midi file of Amazing Grace playing on your homepage. @mzgambi
7) You’re still using the debunked Geocities. @coachburk
6) Pic of the pastor shows him in a leisure suit.
5) The animated dove on the site went to school with Big Bird.
4) Contact info includes the pastor’s pager number.
3) Upcoming Events page lists Rich Mullins concert.
2) Total font faces, colors, & sizes used on homepage exceeds number of disciples.
1) There’s a WWJD webring on the homepage.
We laugh about these things, but seriously people, a bad website or one that is not kept up to date is worse than not having one at all. Get some feedback from people who are inside and outside your organization. Request a free website review.
For a more serious list, check out yesterday’s post 12 Reasons to Redesign Your Website.