12 Reasons to Redesign Your Website
One of the questions I’m often asked is, “How do I know if my website needs to be redesigned?”
Here are 12 reasons to make that move.
1) Your site looks unprofessional and is embarrassing.
2) Your organization’s mission has shifted.
3) Your communications strategy has changed.
4) Your logo/color scheme has changed.
5) Your current site isn’t integrated with social media tools.
6) People are constantly asking you were stuff is on the website because they can’t find it on their own.
7) Your site takes too long to load.
8 ) Your site is difficult or time-consuming to update or only one person can update it.
9) Your site has a high bounce rate (most people who come to your site view just one page and then leave)
10) The guy who created your current site left the organization and you have no idea what he was doing.
11) You’ve had the current design for more than 3 years.
12) Your website is good and you want to make it even better now rather than wait until it’s obsolete.
And one bonus reason… It’s Website Design Month at OurChurch.Com. We’re making a concerted effort this month to raise awareness about design issues, exchange ideas with other web designers, and challenge each other to improve our websites. (Yes, including this blog, which is due for a redesign)
How long has you site had its current design? (Vote in the poll in the right sidebar)
Do any of the reasons above indicate it’s time for you to redesign your site?
What other reasons are there to redesign a site?