One of OurChurch.Com’s goals for 2010 is to help Christian bloggers take their blogging to the next level. So, we’re going to try something new we hope will lead us towards that goal.
We’re giving away free web hosting to Christian bloggers.
If you’ve been using a blogging platform like blogger.com or wordpress.com this is your opportunity to move to a hosted WordPress blog. Or if you’ve been paying for hosting and would like to eliminate that expense, you can do that too.
We want to offer free hosting to as many bloggers as possible. However, even more than that we want to make sure the transition is a good one and that means gradually ramping things up. So, we’re going to start with a small contest. If it goes well, we’ll find more ways to offer most free hosting to more Christian bloggers.
Free Blog Hosting Contest – Post Your 2010 Blogging Goals
If you haven’t already done so, take some time to write out your 2010 blogging goals and resolutions. Remember, good resolutions are S.M.A.R.T. Post those goals along with a link to your blog as a comment to this post. The blogger whose goals/comment gets the most replies in the next week will win free hosting.
Because we want to encourage all bloggers to post their goals and we don’t want this to be just a popularity contest, we will also randomly select another blogger who posts their 2010 blogging goals to receive free hosting. Each reply a blogger’s goals receive will give them another entry into this drawing.
Deets on the Free Hosting:
- The two winners will receive OurChurch.Com’s Silver Hosting Package which includes 6 GB of disk space and 50 GB of bandwidth
- We would love to say this is free hosting “forever” or “for life” but since we can’t predict the future, let’s just say the free hosting will continue indefinitely. If for some reason down the road we decide to discontinue the free hosting program, we’ll give you 3 months notice.
- The hosting account is to be used exclusively for blogging. This not an opportunity to get free hosting for your business/ministry/church website and then throw a blog up on it.
- There are no strings attached. We hope the winners will love our hosting enough to participate in our partnership program, but there’s no obligation to do that or even put a link to OCC on their blog.
Rules for the Contest
- Only one reply per IP will count.
- We encourage you to tell your readers and friends to post a reply to your comment by writing about it on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. However, any attempts to game they system by spamming or using automated means to generate reply will disqualify that blogger.
- If you want to direct people specifically to your comment, you can get the URL for your comment by right clicking on the link next to your name saying how long ago the comment was made.
- Contest ends Tuesday January 19 at noon Eastern time.