Friday we wrapped up the group blog project for the book Trust Agents. The book is all about using social media to build trust and influence. It’s got a ton of good ideas and action steps. I’ve been in the process of implementing a lot of them.
I wasn’t exactly sure what I was getting into, but I wanted to test the waters.
Essentially I went from wading along the edge of the river to diving head first into the stream.
- I made it a priority to keep up with 100+ blogs I subscribe to.
- I made it a priority to tweet good posts written by other people.
- I made it a priority to comment on several blog posts a day.
- I implemented a new Twitter strategy (which I’ll go into more in another post)
- I set the goal of making 5 posts a week to this blog (I also have the goal of posting 3 times a week to my personal blog).
- I made it a priority to keep in touch with about 50 people in.
And now I am drowning in the stream…
I’m doing a fairly good job at meeting my social networking goals and I’m having a ball interacting with people, but there are a bunch of other things that just aren’t getting done. Important things.
So, one of my highest priorities over the next week is to read about social networking time management strategies and then to put together a new plan.
How are you doing with managing your time and social networking activities? What’s your strategy?
[image by mr_magoo_icu]