Internet technology has made it easier than ever to send a quick message to someone. You can email, text, IM (instant message), send an e-card, or even send a private message through forums or a social networking site. As easy as it is, how often do we take advantage of these technologies to thank the people who have made a difference in our lives? If you’re like me, not enough.
As we continue our focus on giving thanks here at OurChurch.Com, let me tell you how with just one minute a day you can join us in expressing gratitude with 1 x 10 x 100 Thanksgiving Thank You Notes.
1 x 10 x 100 = 1,000
- 1 – It literally takes a minute to send someone a quick electronic thank you note.
- x10 – There are 10 days between now and Thanksgiving. Choose to thank one person each day.
- x100 – Be one of the 100 to join me in sending a quick electronic thank you note to someone each of the next 10 days.
- = 1,000 – Together we will thank 1,000 different people!
Of course, 1,000 electronic thank you notes could be just the tip of the ice berg. Spread the word and we could thank 10,000, 100,000, a million people or more. (Use the “Email this post” and “Bookmark” links at the end of this post.)
Obviously, you can email, text, or IM people without the help of any websites. But if you’d like to spice things up with a Thanksgiving holiday e-card, here are some options:
Who To Thank?
You can probably think of dozens of people you could send a quick thank you note to, but just in case your brain locks up from too much pie, here are some suggestions.
- Your spouse
- Your parents/grandparents
- Your kids
- Your pastor, small group leader, or spiritual mentor
- That friend you can be completely honest with
- A neighbor
- Your child’s teacher or principal
- The police or firemen in your community (you can probably find an email address on your city or county website for the department)
- Someone in the military serving overseas. (If you don’t know anyone personally try LetsSayThanks.com)
- Someone who serves “behind the scenes” in your church or office
Join the Thanks Movement – Post a Comment
After you’ve taken your 1 minute each day to send a thank you note, take 15 seconds to post a quick comment below. Something like “I just thanked a my mom” or “I sent a thank you note to a fireman today.” By posting a comment here, it will create momentum and encourage others to join the effort to send 1,000 thank you notes in the next 10 days.
Are you in???
P.S. No, this is not a chain letter. I’m not telling you to forward this to 10 of your friends. Bad things will not happen to you if you don’t. I just think it would be cool if we each took 60 seconds to thank someone each day. Don’t you?